Mercedes-Benz New Vehicle Warranty
Peace of Mind
Our comprehensive warranty Protection Plan means peace of mind for two years for new Mercedes-Benz passenger cars purchased from authorised Mercedes-Benz dealers in Myanmar. There's no kilometre limitation and your vehicle is covered for parts and labour charges incurred in rectifying a manufacturing defect relating to materials.
The two year period commences on the date of first delivery to a customer or, in the case of a company car or demonstrator, from the date the vehicle was first registered and put in service.
What does the Warranty cover?
However, the Warranty only covers the vehicle as manufactured by us and does not cover any modification, accessories, bodies, or other goods or services supplied by a third party manufacturer or supplier.
What doesn't the Warranty cover?
- Ignoring any instructions contained in the owner's manual or failing to correctly respond to any warning lights or messages in the vehicle that appear on the dashboard information system.
- If you misuse your vehicle - including not driving it in accordance with the instructions in the owner's manual, driving at excessive speeds, engaging in competition or motor sports or exceeding the vehicle’s capacity in regards to use, application or load.
- Failing to service or maintain the vehicle according to the instructions or at the prescribed intervals as defined in the owner's manual.
- If servicing, maintenance or repairs are performed by a non-authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer which causes a defect.
- Modifications in engine output or vehicle specifications without Mercedes-Benz’s approval. • If a defect is caused by non-genuine Mercedes-Benz parts or parts, accessories, supplies or service products which are not approved by Mercedes-Benz.
- If a defect is caused by any modification, bodywork alterations or incorrect fitting of an accessory to your original Mercedes-Benz after its manufacture by a non-authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer.
- Third party products or services may be covered by a warranty provided by the relevant third party manufacturer or supplier. Your authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer may be able to provide you with contact details so that you can enquire as to whether a third party warranty may apply.
- Defects caused by improper care or cleaning methods or the use of cleaning materials, fuels or lubricants not approved by Mercedes-Benz.
- If a defect is a result of normal wear and tear on items and consumables such as spark plugs, wiper blades, lubricants, brake pads, brake discs, clutches and tyres.
- If a defect is caused by external influences such as plant and animal substances, storms, hail, bird or animal droppings, pollution or other environmental impacts, or from events such as salt water ingress, accident damage or vandalism.
- In addition, the Plan does not cover damage to glass, except in the event of a stress fracture.
When does the Warranty cease to apply?
- vehicle is assessed as a write off, repairable write off or total loss.
- vehicle is sold via a public auction
- vehicle is used for commercial or public transport purposes such as a taxi, limousine or other hire, rental or charter vehicle
- odometer reading cannot be determined as accurate as a result of it being inoperative, tampered with, altered, disconnected or removed from the vehicle or
- vehicle becomes unroadworthy or unregistered
How do i get assistance to correct a manufacturing defect?
- Present the vehicle to an authorised Mercedes-Benz Dealer immediately or as soon as practicable after a defect arises that may be due to a manufacturing defect. You can find your nearest authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer.
- You must also present a copy of the Owner Protection Plan provided to you at delivery together with the vehicle’s Service Booklet.
- Repair work under the Plan must be carried out by an authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer using Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts.
- You must permit the authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer to fully inspect the vehicle. Some repairs, diagnosis or replication of the defect may not be possible with only one inspection, so you may need to make more than one visit to an authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer.
- Any parts that have been replaced as part of a repair under the Plan will become the property of Mercedes-Benz.
What costs are not covered?
The Plan does not cover servicing, maintenance, tyres, consumables, normal wear and tear, the alignment of front and rear axles, wheel balancing and tyre rotation.
Other terms and conditions
Provided that the terms and conditions of the Plan have been complied with, any unexpired period of the Plan may be transferred to a new registered owner of the vehicle.
The Plan apples to all new Mercedes-Benz vehicles registered on or after 1 December 1995. Mercedes-Benz reserves to right to modify or amend the terms of the Plan at any time without notice.
The Plan is subject to further terms, conditions and exclusions. This is a summary of the main benefits, terms and exclusions of the Plan and is not to be taken as a warranty document/statement. Please refer to the Owner Protection Plan provided at delivery or contact your authorised dealer for all terms, conditions and exclusions of the Plan.